cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering files from a shared folder that has been delinked.

Recovering files from a shared folder that has been delinked.

Shakti Prasanna Mishra
New member | Level 2

I had a client dropbox folder shared with my personal dropbox account, but now the folders are not showing in my account. If the folder was delinked by the client, then is there any way to recover the folder, since most of my were on that folder and if I couldn't retrieve them I can't show my work to any other client. I have contacted then to give access to me, but they haven't replied yet, is there any way to recover my files or recover the files in the shared folder?

1 Reply 1

Re: Recovering files from a shared folder that has been delinked.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi there @Shakti Prasanna Mishra; welcome to our Community and happy Monday!

If your access to this shared folder was removed by the owner of the folder, your best bet would be to ask them to re-invite you to the folder from their end. 

That said, you may want to have a look at your account's Shared tab. If you see the folder there, check if there's an option to add it back to your account.

Otherwise, you can go through your events page to see if you can find more information there. 

Let us know how you get on!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?