cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering files past thirty days.

Highlighted

Recovering files past thirty days.

New member | Level 2

Ok! so hopefully I can convey my question simply. 
I work for a small business, and primarily deal with files.

apparently, someone accidentally deleted some important files around fourty days ago. We are using the free veriosn of Dropbox, so naturally, since it has been past thirty days, those files are no longer in ''recently deleted.'' We wanted to know if we upgraded to a paid version of Dropbox, and extended the file revoery to 180 days, could we recover those files?

MY concern is that because those files were created in the free version, Dropbox may have essentially dumped all files in recently deleted after thirty day instead of saving them behind a paywall of sorts.

Help would definately be appreciated.

Thanks for your time

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Recovering files past thirty days.

Dropboxer

Hi @DraeShizzle, thanks for joining the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the deleted files. Depending on your plan, you can have either 30 days to 180 days to recover files. 

Upgrading to a Dropbox Professional or Business plan isn't retroactive, so you won't be able to recover files deleted outside of 30 days ago, since they would have already been deleted from the server.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If you need any further info, please let me know.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?