cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering iOS Favorites

Recovering iOS Favorites

mkw1983
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, everyone. I backed up my iOS Camera Roll via my Dropbox app. I then purchased a new iPhone. Is there anyway for me to download from Dropbox the photos and videos that were marked “Favorite” on my old iPhone?

Alternatively, can I download the “Camera Uploads” folder onto my new iPhone? And if I do so, will the iOS photos and video that were previously marked “Favorite” maintain their designation? Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Re: Recovering iOS Favorites

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello there @mkw1983, thanks for posting your questions on the Dropbox Community. 

You can download the contents of your Camera Uploads folder to your internal storage. 

However, if you don't want them to take up space on your device, you can simply install the mobile app and have the Camera Uploads folder available through it. 

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, did you favorite an item on the Files app or star it in your mobile app?

Give me a shout whenever you have a moment to check this out, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?