cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering permanently deleted files

Recovering permanently deleted files

Saadadnan285
New member | Level 2

Hello mam/sir
I accidentally deleted my photos and videos from Dropbox account. So kindly help me to recover those.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Recovering permanently deleted files

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello @Saadadnan285, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Can you just clarify, did you just delete the files or did you permanently delete them from the Deleted files tab on the website?

If they were simply deleted, then please try restoring the files to your account with these steps. Please bear in mind that only files deleted within your account's version history window can be restored.

However, if the files were permanently deleted then you wouldn't be able to recover the files I'm afraid.

I hope this info helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello @Saadadnan285, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Can you just clarify, did you just delete the files or did you permanently delete them from the Deleted files tab on the website?

If they were simply deleted, then please try restoring the files to your account with these steps. Please bear in mind that only files deleted within your account's version history window can be restored.

However, if the files were permanently deleted then you wouldn't be able to recover the files I'm afraid.

I hope this info helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Saadadnan285
New member | Level 2
I accidentally deleted my files permanently.If they can be recovered please help.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Since they were deleted permanently we wouldn't be able to restore them @Saadadnan285.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here. The only other option I could suggest would be if you had any copies of the files on your devices outside of Dropbox.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Melissa88
New member | Level 2
Dear Customer Support Team,

I was looking for an important file in Dropbox  but I discovered that an entire folder that had been shared in my dropbox in the year of 2019 had been deleted. I have been using Dropbox Basic Plan for several years now and never had this problem before. I was very confident that my files were intact. The files are photos and videos share from an email

What I just made from my desktop as I recall was an app update and anti-virus update. How do I get my files and folder back? Can you give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance!”

Rich
Super User II

@Melissa88 wrote:
I have been using Dropbox Basic Plan for several years now ... How do I get my files and folder back?

As a Dropbox Basic user you have 30 days of recovery time. Any files you've deleted within that time can be recovered from your Deleted Files. Beyond 30 days it wouldn't be possible to recover the files.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Melissa88 New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropboxer
    Saadadnan285 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?