cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery of files

Recovery of files

rjg68
Explorer | Level 3

Yesterday I started to back up my files on Dropbox. I had chat support stop the process. Now I have lost most of the files on my hard drive. There are thouusand of files how do I get them back and keep organized?

3 Replies 3

Re: Recovery of files

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @rjg68, thanks for joining the Community.

Are you referring to the computer backup feature? 

Have you fully disabled the process using these steps? Did you delete anything from the Dropbox folder?

Could you try searching your machine to see if you can find a My PC or My Mac folder?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rjg68
Explorer | Level 3

I believe that I have recovered all of my files that I lost when trying to use the automatic backup feature. At this stage, I am not going to use the automatic backup feature provided by Dropbox. I believe that I have disabled the process. I am waiting for a week or so before I delete the files on Dropbox. 

Thanks 

Jay
Dropboxer
No problem, please let me know if you require any further assistance in future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?