cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh policy is exactly wrong.

Highlighted

Refresh policy is exactly wrong.

New member | Level 2

Hello. I have a workflow where I frequently need to transfer files between desktop & iOS, then "look at" the item (PNG) as I compose a document in another app. 

A) When I have the PNG image open in Dropbox iOS app, and switch to another app, then upcoming coming back, it inevitably kicks me back to main menu, which causes a lot of extra clicks and wasted time.  Too twichy. 

B) Then, I had Dropbox open to a file list, and uploaded a file to this folder from the desktop computer. Dropbox didn't ever see it, and a snap back operation didn't change the display.  So I had to go back 1 or 2 menus, then come back, and it was there. Too sluggish.

I would argue the design is exactly wrong.  Switching between apps shouldn't trigger a "phone home".  And the refresh of a screen should be possible (work??) when looking at a file list. 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Refresh policy is exactly wrong.

Dropboxer

Hey @Greg M. J. - let's see what we can do here. 

Could you check if you have background app refresh enabled on your iOS? 

As for the desktop app, check if the desktop app is running by locating the Dropbox icon next to your computer's clock.

If you find it, hover over it and let me know what it reads. 

Give me a shout whenever you have any updates for me, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?