cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

'Refresh to update' on my offline files still not working

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

'refresh to update' on my offline files is still not working.  Went to Manage Offline Files, clicked the refresh circle on top right corner, still wont refresh.  Many files still have the yellow exclamation mark...

14 Replies 14
Highlighted

Re: 'Refresh to update' on my offline files still not working

Helpful | Level 6
That means you need to connect to WiFi or go online other ways. You will get a option to download and refresh your files afterwards
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am on wifi, still wont work.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
Try to manually download these files one by one, so that yellow marks dissapear
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I am having the same problem, but it just got worse yesterday. I was in an area where wifi and cellphone services do not exist. NONE of my downloaded files appeared in the online folder. The online folder had the dreaded yellow exclamation mark after it, but of course I could not refresh -- no internet available. What's the point of having an offline feature if it constantly fails?

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I could do that, but it is automatically supposed to do all of them.

@Esshkeerill wrote:
Try to manually download these files one by one, so that yellow marks dissapear

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I updated the App this morning also, thinking that might help, but it did not.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Manually downloading each file could work, but....do you realize many of us are using thousands of files? That's the whole point of offline accessibility. What am I missing here?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there people @TBurr & @craigkay - thanks for your reports and welcome to our Community.

At first, could you please let me know if you've restarted your devices since you first saw this happening?

Also, can you try this on cellular data and/or another wifi other than the one you're currently using? Do you get the same results? 

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Yes, I restarted my device (iPad) several times. But remember, I was in an area where NO cellphone or internet existed and was trying to access my offline documentation. That documentation did not appear at all -- no content -- although the folder still indicated 2.4GB content. I just could not access it. 

When I returned to an area that had WIFI availability of course the documentation reappeared, and when I refreshed the offline content it reappeared offline. But my point is this: it's not dependable. Why does all offline content disappear when the folder needs to be refreshed? Unfortunately this problem does not present itself until you actually need to see the offline content, i.e., no internet or cellphone service.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?