cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refuse access

Refuse access

arbshares
New member | Level 2

Hi, my computer is to go in for repair to a local computer shop.  I would prefer that they could not browse my dropbox files.  How can I do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Refuse access

Rich
Super User II

@arbshares wrote:

Hi, my computer is to go in for repair to a local computer shop.  I would prefer that they could not browse my dropbox files.  How can I do this?

Uninstall Dropbox and remove them from your computer (in that order!). If the files exist on your local drive, they'll be able to see them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@arbshares wrote:

Uninstall Dropbox and remove them from your computer (in that order!). If the files exist on your local drive, they'll be able to see them.

View solution in original post

arbshares
New member | Level 2

Not the reply I would had hoped for but at least I know what to do.  Thanks for your time and advice

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?