cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reloaded Dropbox

Reloaded Dropbox

Brent4
Explorer | Level 3

I recently had Best Buy remove my hard drive and install a solid state hard drive. I had to reload Dropbox. I got it loaded ok, (basic install) then clicked to have it backup my files. It started to backup too much and ran out of space, not backing up certain files I wanted backed up. I am also having trouble syncing my iPad files with the new install. Should I remove Dropbox from my desktop and start over without doing any backup? Files on my iPad are still there and have not changed. I really don’t care about backing up anything in Dropbox. I just want my desktop to sync with my iPad. 

I am also having a hard time putting anything new on Dropbox.

Please help.

Brent

1 Reply 1

Re: Reloaded Dropbox

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Brent4,

It's never good idea to use something you are not aware what exactly is. Could be something buggy or in beta evaluation, for example. In your case "Dropbox Backup" feature just puts in Dropbox folder particular standard system folder(s), what you have selected entirely (not part of them).

To turn the feature off, take a look on "Turn off computer backup" section in referred topic (follow the link). On step 6 choose "Keep content in folders on this PC/Mac", not "Leave content in Dropbox". Here your issue may got gone. 😉

Hope this helps.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?