cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove a folder from Dropbox

Remove a folder from Dropbox

hb14
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox is company account and I'm new to the company...connected to dropbox....then it automatically downloaded files to my laptop....didn't realize it.  It was filling up my Dropbox.  I have removed the files and stopped the syncing so it isn't loading the files any longer but it's still showing my PC folder amongst the company files.  When I went to settings it said I could delete my account.  I don't want to be deleted from the company account just remove that file.  Can you help, please.

13 Replies 13

Re: Remove a folder from Dropbox

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi there @hb14, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please let me know what plan are you on exactly? Did you join your company's team account or was this a shared folder you're referring to?

Apart from that, it sounds like you may have enabled the computer backup feature at some point. In that case, you can disable it by following these steps

I hope this helps and please keep me posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

hb14
Explorer | Level 3

I joined the company team account.  I had reset my computer and downloaded DB from the website  It asked me if I wanted to sync and I allowed it which put a folder under the team account but only used by me.  I stopped the syncing to it now.  I've deleted all the files in it but the folder is still showing and I can't see any way to delete it even though it's empty. 

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @hb14, did you disable the computer backup setting as mentioned by my colleague?

Did you delete the files from the Dropbox site or from your machine?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

hb14
Explorer | Level 3

I did disable the back up of my computer.  I think I deleted the files directly from Drop Box.  I've since reset my computer and the files are no longer on my computer but the folder is still on the Drop Box site

Jay
Dropboxer
Could you check if the old device is visible on this page, and remove it from your account?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

hb14
Explorer | Level 3

I have done that and it's still there.  Beside the word PC is has a symbol that looks like the Windows logo where the others have the folder symbol beside them.

Jay
Dropboxer
Are there any options to delete the PC backup from the site?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

hb14
Explorer | Level 3

Where would I find the option you mentioned above about deleting the PC from teh site

Jay
Dropboxer
Next to the PC folder, there would be an ellipsis next to the folder with different options available for the folder.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    hb14 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?