cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing files

Colene
New member | Level 2

So I deleted my previous version of DB and re-uploaded it under a different email.  When it downloaded to my computer, it also uploaded all my files and almost everything on my desktop into DB, which I was not at all happy with.   So I deleted them out of DB only to discover that it also deleted everything off my desktop as well!  I was furious!  So I restored all the files and then moved them to my documents, which took several of them out of DB.   

I went back to the email that I got when I re-signed up and it says "Don’t want a file synced to the cloud?
Right-click it in Explorer and select Don’t sync to dropbox.com."   I tried this and it didn't work.  So help with this would be great.  I would like just to remove all my files from DB.

Also, then, when I tried to upload a file, it's saying that I don't have any free space and that I have to upgrade.   This is so stupid!  I don't need the upgrade!  

I tried to reach out to customer service but all I got was the bot chat, which was of no use.

Can someone please help me?

1 Reply 1

Re: Removing files

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Colene ,

Take a look here. 😉 In future be more careful what you are agreeing with (i.e. read what's it in advance 🙂).

Hope this helps.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?