cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Removing huge shared folders / solving space inconsistencies

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I have a couple of really big, old folders that are being currently shared with me (3GB, 600MB, etc.). I don't need them anymore but I can't remove them - there is just the option to "upgrade" without the three dots (I also can't access them). I am also, supposedly, using up 13 GB of space out of 3 GB available, but I have virtually no files uploaded to my Dropbox.

Disabling my adblocker didn't help. Maybe someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Removing huge shared folders / solving space inconsistencies

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

thanks for your response! I changed the language of my Dropbox from Spanish to English and the "three dots" were suddenly there. One problem solved.

However, I am supposed to be using over 13 GB of space, which is impossible. I only have those 3 folders in my Dropbox (which are empty or have a maximum of three pictures in them). I have shared my Dropbox account with those two apps only. 

Unbenannt1.JPGUnbenannt2.JPG

EDIT: I just refreshed my Dropbox on another tab and it works as it should (6 MB of used space). No idea what the heck (sorry) happened. I actually stopped using Dropbox a long time because of this but now it is working fine (?).

Anyway, thank you for your response, it seemed to magically solve everything I do hope no one else is experiencing such issues as it renders Dropbox completely useless.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @schaax7; welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this; could you please confirm that you're using these steps to remove the shared folders in question from your account?

In case you and still bump into this issue, I'd appreciate a full-screen screenshot so I can have a visual of the matter as well.

Thanks a bunch!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

thanks for your response! I changed the language of my Dropbox from Spanish to English and the "three dots" were suddenly there. One problem solved.

However, I am supposed to be using over 13 GB of space, which is impossible. I only have those 3 folders in my Dropbox (which are empty or have a maximum of three pictures in them). I have shared my Dropbox account with those two apps only. 

Unbenannt1.JPGUnbenannt2.JPG

EDIT: I just refreshed my Dropbox on another tab and it works as it should (6 MB of used space). No idea what the heck (sorry) happened. I actually stopped using Dropbox a long time because of this but now it is working fine (?).

Anyway, thank you for your response, it seemed to magically solve everything I do hope no one else is experiencing such issues as it renders Dropbox completely useless.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?