cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated failures when downloading folders

leatrudel New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am downloading many large files from folders stored in Dropbox to my computer Desktop, and then uploading to my company's server. Sometimes these folders fail to download as they are too large, in which case I have to download subfolders individually, and track the folder structure elsewhere. Sometimes when the download is successfull however, we lose the folder structure, as files will divy up into a main folder and then a second "_MACOSX" folder, which will often contain partial or corrupted duplicate files. What does this mean?

The whole download is really precarious, because we are not only at risk of losing some files, but also losing the folder structure in the process of download. 

What can be done?

1 Reply 1

Re: Repeated failures when downloading folders

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @leatrudel, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

In general, it seems like the __MACOSX folder is a hidden folder containing metadata of the files, which won’t be seen on OS X 10.13 or higher, but you'll see this hidden folder when unzipping on other OSes. Its contents may also be read by Windows OS. 

I'd recommend having a look at this thread, where other users have discussed this and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to get back to me. 

Thanks!

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?