cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Replicate Folder Structure, including "Spaces"

Explorer | Level 4

Hi, 

My team has many projects that share the same folder structure. I have created an empty copy of this folder structure so it can be copied and pasted to create new projects. But whenever I try to copy and paste the folder structure, I lose all the information in the "Team Space" header. I populate those folder headers (Spaces) with project instructions. How can I replicate my folder structure, including "Spaces"?

Thank you, 

Allison

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Replicate Folder Structure, including "Spaces"

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @ahhill14; happy Friday and welcome to our Community!

From what I gather, you'd like to copy a folder structure to keep for future use, something like a template of this folder structure and have the descriptions of the Spaces you're copying auto-populate the descriptions of the newly created Spaces; correct me if I got anything wrong here please Allison.

When it comes to your concern now, note that when you copy Spaces, those would be replicated as mere folders and not Spaces as you're practically copying the folders themselves (or the folder structure to be precise). 

To turn those newly created folders into Spaces, you'll need to populate their desription (or add a to-do, @mention someone from your team etc.) anew after you've carried out the copy action you described. 

I wish I had a better answer than this and if you have any suggestion about this, I'd recommend sharing your idea in the relevant section of our Community so other similar-minded users can upvote it to show their interest. 

I hope this is helpful -even slighlty- and I'm always around if you have any more questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @ahhill14; happy Friday and welcome to our Community!

From what I gather, you'd like to copy a folder structure to keep for future use, something like a template of this folder structure and have the descriptions of the Spaces you're copying auto-populate the descriptions of the newly created Spaces; correct me if I got anything wrong here please Allison.

When it comes to your concern now, note that when you copy Spaces, those would be replicated as mere folders and not Spaces as you're practically copying the folders themselves (or the folder structure to be precise). 

To turn those newly created folders into Spaces, you'll need to populate their desription (or add a to-do, @mention someone from your team etc.) anew after you've carried out the copy action you described. 

I wish I had a better answer than this and if you have any suggestion about this, I'd recommend sharing your idea in the relevant section of our Community so other similar-minded users can upvote it to show their interest. 

I hope this is helpful -even slighlty- and I'm always around if you have any more questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Walter,

You understood my question exactly, thank you. It's good to have confirmation that it isn't possible to duplicate a folder Space by copying and pasting just the folder itself.

Also, thank you for the link to the suggestion board. I'll consider revising my query and adding it over there as a suggestion. 

Best, Allison

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?