cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Deleting Single Photos

Helpful | Level 5

You had me so excited, your fix does work but only if clicking on files on the left, then grid, and camera upload files.   

However, if on the menu on the left one clicks Photos, under Files, there is no list/grid option .  So for photos not in the camera uploads, it doesn't work, ARGGH!

But thanks for that upload folader fix, at least its something!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I still have to use the app to delete photos. Clicking show me the files just takes to me to the top of all files and it would take me forever to find them- so its pointless. Bad UX and you should feel bad for making it. 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

So is that the key,  don't delete from computer, use mobile device?  I had just noticed that it is easy on my Samsung phone, and was wondering, if I delete on mobile app if it's deleted on-line. 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Quite a few years ago I had to choose between Dropbox and Google for my cloud storage and backup of my files. I chose dropbox, but now I know I made a mistake.

The management of photos on dropbox is an absolute shambles now. Google Photos is much better..... they even have a DELETE option! How advanced is that! /sarcasm.

Moving 500GB of photos from Dropbox over to Google Photos is going to be an abosolute pain, especially as I have a lot of duplicates already all over the place. 

Unless Dropbox fixes their photo managment they will lose a long term customer. Not having a 'Delete' button was the straw that broke the camels back.

Highlighted

Re: How to delete a photo on new photos page?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue and am extremely frustrated!!! How can there not be a delete button on photos?!?!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Yes it takes you to the folder but as you are showing on your little image, you go into the folder with every single photo you've ever taken and it starts at the oldest. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the images on the screen and THEN the delete option pops up, but not before it's shown as selected on your screen.

MAKE A DELETE BUTTON on the photo.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

This used to work, but doesn't any more.  The "delete" option once you have sent it to "show in folder" is not longer there.  This is most frustrating.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey Sharon7, let’s look into the matter together, I’d surely like to clarify this with you and help you in any way I can! 

Initially, have you tried to repeat the steps through an incognito window/ different browser/ clear cookies etc? This is merely to exclude a browser-specific behavior.  

Could you include a step-by-step description of the steps you’re following here, so as to reproduce with you & see if I’m getting the same results? 

Thanks in advance & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you on this discussion! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

2018-01-13 18-07-36.png

In the picture you can see what we want, PLEASE ADD THIS!!!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Well done Andrew!

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?