cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested files show # of submissions, but no files when I open folder

Requested files show # of submissions, but no files when I open folder

New member | Level 2

I requested files from a coworker via dropbox. That coworker uploaded the files to these folders. Now that I want to access and download the files in that folder, even though it says the folder has "1080 submissions" or "670 submissions", when I open the folder, I get a message that says the folder is empty. 

2 Replies 2

Re: Requested files show # of submissions, but no files when I open folder

Dropboxer
Hey there (@AlyssaKar), did your colleague upload the files in question to a shared folder or did you send them a File Request? 

If the latter, then you should have received an email right after the upload & you should be able to see all of the uploaded content on the File Requests tab (under the Open requests section). What do you see there Alyssa?

Just as an additional point of reference, is there any slight chance that you’ve accidentally moved the folder on your desktop or on a different location on your account? It would be worth mentioning that you could search on your Deleted Files page for recent deletions. Would you mind having a look there whenever you get a chance? 

Last but not least, if the files were located inside a shared folder, maybe you’ve left the Share , which you can add back on your Sharing tab. 

Please do let me know how what you find on your end  & I’ll make sure to check back with you with the best course of action asap. Thanks in advance!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Requested files show # of submissions, but no files when I open folder

Explorer | Level 4

I have similar situation: I occasionally use file requests to collect temporary files, which are then deleted.  What I see then in the display is not # Files in the request destination folder currently, but rather# Submissions, which may or may not be very recent.  It would be helpful to see # Submitters, # Submissions, and # Files presently in the folder maybe even with a Latest upload timestamp.  Alternately, if there was an option to clear a file request's # of stats manually, then we could simply reset these whenever needed.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?