cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting files from multiple unique users / remaing private for each person

Requesting files from multiple unique users / remaing private for each person

timboo
New member | Level 2

Hi all,

I am commencing a project that will require working with 20 different people. I have the Dropbox account. Can I provide a unique folder for each person to upload their work to, without any other user having access / seeing their work that they've uploaded to their unique folder? I know that this sounds a little '101', but I just to understand what is possible before I open my paid dropbox account. thank you so much!

Tim.

1 Reply 1

Re: Requesting files from multiple unique users / remaing private for each person

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @timboo,

If you don't plane to share single folder to more than one person, then you are getting what you expect. Only participants to particular share are able access to (including view) the shared content. Here I assume you don't mess shared folder and shared pointer to folder! These are 2 different things! When you use shared pointer to file/folder everybody (generally) with access can see/forward, so additional security measures might be need in such a case. Just I'm mentioning this for completeness.

Shared content size is count to the storage quota of every one participant! Is the account quota of all participants enough? (especially for Basic accounts) Something else you should better to consider in advance. Again, for completeness.

Hope this gives directions.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?