cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset camera uploads

Reset camera uploads

hliu
Explorer | Level 4

Hello I would like to reset my camera uploads as I have previously deleted all the pics in my Dropbox.

8 Replies 8

Re: Reset camera uploads

Chris_J
Super User

Hello Hliu

Thanks for reaching out.  You can turn the feature off then back on in your Dropbox Preferences.  Click on your Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar at the top and click on the avatar on the right-hand side and select Preferences.  Go to the Backups tab and uncheck/check camera uploads.

as far as restoring them, you can follow the procedure to restore files/folders as long as it has been within 30 days.

https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete/recover-deleted-files-folders 

I hopes this helps

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

hliu
Explorer | Level 4

hello  Chris, 

Thanks for the reply. the situation is more like i would like to re-upload every pic from my phone to dropbox (some of which was previously uploaded so it wouldnt go auto sync). its impossible for me to select 20k pics and manually upload so i will need dropbox to reset my camera upload. 

Thanks a lot anyways!

Chris_J
Super User

Thanks for the explanation.  I don't see that Dropbox has that feature.  Would it help if you (Temporarily) backup your camera folder inside your Dropbox folder and place it somewhere else, and make that folder empty and turn that camera upload option off then on?

or is this not what you want?

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Rich
Super User II

@hliu wrote:

... i would like to re-upload every pic from my phone to dropbox (some of which was previously uploaded so it wouldnt go auto sync)

I'm not certain if this is just a Beta feature for now or if it's been added to the stable release as well, but you can now tell the Dropbox app to backup all photos or just new photos. Tap the Account tab and then Photo Backup. You might have the option.

Rich_0-1614308885858.jpeg

Rich_1-1614308897808.jpeg

hliu
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Rich, 

i do not find this option on mine... i think i need a reset from the end? 

Mark
Super User II

You will need to log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support which will depend upon your support level

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

hliu
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, 

i am more looking into performing a reset like the solution as the attached link i found. 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/Can-I-reset-my-Camera-uploads/m-p/377035/highl...

is there anyway to contact dropbox to do this????

Thanks a lot everyone! 

Chris_J
Super User

Your technical support options depend on what kind of account you have (Basic, Plus, Family, Professional, or Business). To see the support options for your account, log in and go to dropbox.com/support

https://help.dropbox.com/teams-admins/team-member/customer-support-levels 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?