cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Resolved Comments history

Resolved Comments history

Helpful | Level 7

Is there a way to keep track of the resolved comments?

It is a nice option to resolve them, but hiding them completey seems to be too strong IMO. I wish they would still be accessible later for archiving and process documentations etc.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dropboxer
Hi @mark2mark! Ahh, I see what you mean now, thanks for clarifying.

Although this is currently not an option, I’d be more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team for future consideration. 

In the mean time, if you have any other thoughts or questions, don’t hesitate to get back to us. Have a great day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dropboxer
Hi @mark2mark! You can track resolved comments on a Paper doc by following the instructions outlined here: 
  1. Open a Paper doc.
  2. Click the ... (ellipsis) icon.
  3. Click Doc history.
  4. Under Comment history, find the list of resolved comments.
Hope this helped! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 7

Thanks for the reply @Lusil

Unfortunately I am aware of this spot to find them, but I had something moire decent in mind. In this doc history, the resolved comments are no longer attached to where they where put to.

Imagine you got a picture with marked spots that are commented. You gave us the opportunity to do this. Which is nice.
Once you resolve a comment, you don’t know where this comment was belonging to.

You know what I mean? Something like the checking off ToDo Items would be lovely. You see the comment in place, but you also see, that it is solved (in one way or another)

Dropboxer
Hi @mark2mark! Ahh, I see what you mean now, thanks for clarifying.

Although this is currently not an option, I’d be more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team for future consideration. 

In the mean time, if you have any other thoughts or questions, don’t hesitate to get back to us. Have a great day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Helpful | Level 7

Thank you @Lusil You too!

Explorer | Level 4

Please implement this, is really important

Dropboxer

Hi there @jsilversun

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us here!

You can also post your feedback on our Share an idea section of the Community, where other like-minded users can share their interest for your idea and upvote it. 

In the meantime, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to give us a nudge. Have a wonderful weekend ahead! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Do you use Dropbox for work, personal use or both?
Tell us your thoughts?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?