cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Photos

Restore Photos

bspitale
New member | Level 2

Hi! I am looking for some old photos, and I am hoping you can help me. So for awhile I was paying for a subscription to Dropbox and then I stopped using it, so I cancelled my subscription and my storage downsized. Obviously with that, I could no longer access some of those photos. I have been trying to delete a lot of photos in hope that automatically those spots will be filled with the photos that couldn't fit after downsizing. Is there anyway I can get back to those photos?

1 Reply 1

Re: Restore Photos

Rich
Super User II

@bspitale wrote:

... I cancelled my subscription and my storage downsized. Obviously with that, I could no longer access some of those photos.

Downgrading your account doesn't remove files, even if you end up over your storage quota as a result. The files would remain in your account and you'd still be able to access them through the Dropbox website, but you wouldn't be able to sync any of your data to the devices linked to your account.

I have been trying to delete a lot of photos in hope that automatically those spots will be filled with the photos that couldn't fit after downsizing.

It doesn't work like that. Every file available to you is visible in your account, always.

Is there anyway I can get back to those photos?

If they were deleted within the last 30 days, yes, you can restore them. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?