cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore deleted files

Restore deleted files

gusti6
New member | Level 2

I believe to be missing several files from my dropbox, and could've been because my girlfriend went on a delete frenzy to make up space. Is it possible to have some admin verify the logs on this account and possibly restore everything possible? 

Already searched under the Deleted Files section and it's empty.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Restore deleted files

Rich
Super User II

@gusti6 wrote:

Is it possible to have some admin verify the logs on this account and possibly restore everything possible? 

No, that's not possible. Anything that you're able to restore would be listed in Deleted Files. If the files were deleted more than 30 days ago, they cannot be restored.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@gusti6 wrote:

Is it possible to have some admin verify the logs on this account and possibly restore everything possible? 

No, that's not possible. Anything that you're able to restore would be listed in Deleted Files. If the files were deleted more than 30 days ago, they cannot be restored.

View solution in original post

dlrdlh
New member | Level 2

where is the deleted files folder?  I accidentally deleted a file and can't find it anywhere.

Mark
Super User II

There isnt a deleted folder. 

You simply go to the folder it was in and click on 'Show Deleted Files' and they will all appear if they are recoverable. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ykondo
New member | Level 2
Sorry interruption. Deleted file after 30 days if account update professional, cannot restore file?

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @ykondo, welcome to our Community. 

No, since it isn't retroactive. 

So, even if you were to upgrade, that wouldn't work.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    ykondo New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    dlrdlh New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?