cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore most current version of my file

Highlighted

Restore most current version of my file

New member | Level 2

I have observed today that a file that I commonly use and update has been corrupted in Dropbox.

I would like to retrieve the most current version of that file if that is at all possible.

I have already reviewed version history and that is showing only very few versions of the file I am after.

The correct version that I want is not showing there.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Restore most current version of my file

Dropboxer

Hi @pbvillaflores5, thanks for messaging today!

If you're not seeing the version you're looking for from the site, this means that either the file wasn't syncing via the app, or was syncing to a different folder, or a different Dropbox account entirely. 

Were you editing the file on the site directly, or on your computer? Could you doublecheck to see if the Dropbox desktop application is running and syncing correctly on your machine?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?