cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Retain my files

Retain my files

SandRR
New member | Level 2

Hello All

Sorry for the rookie question, but I have searched the forums and do not understand any of the anwers I have found.

So, first off, I am brand new to using Dropbox and have at least 2 accounts. Also, the account I want to use is not being used yet. So, I want to delete the account that has some files in it. I want to then select only certain folders to be synced in the account I have not started using.

Can I delete the account without loosiing the files that are already on the server? If not, is there a way for me to transfer these files first?

Thanks

SandRR

1 Reply 1

Re: Retain my files

Sanchez
Dropboxer

Hi there, @SandRR.  Welcome to our Community!

I’m assuming that all your files are currently online, in your Dropbox accounts. 

Now, if you delete an account, all its files will be deleted along with it, so it’s best to sift through each account, and decide what you want to keep. 

Then, to get those files to the Dropbox account you will be using, you will need to move them over, following the steps shown here

Once that’s done, you can delete your unwanted accounts. 

I hope this makes sense. Let me know what you think, and hold off on deleting anything until we’re sure you have it all backed up! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Need more support?