cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieval of shared files

Highlighted

Retrieval of shared files

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Retrieval of folders under the email : [email removed as per Community Guidelines] to link to my account.

my email address: [email removed]

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Retrieval of shared files

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @raulcrush, I hope you're well today!

From what you mentioned about retrieving the shared files, were these files deleted from a shared folder perhaps or was the content unshared with your account?

Can you please check your Events page, where you'll be able to restore any deletion events or even see what happened if you're not sure either. 

If you can share any additional info on this so that I can understand the situation better, it would be much appreciated too.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi! Daphne!

Not in the events page and I think the contents was unshared with my account.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me @raulcrush!

Can you just let me know how these files were shared with you? Was it through a shared folder, individually shared files, or through a shared link?

If you don't see anything within your Events page, can you just try doing a quick search in your account for the file name or some keywords?

This way, if the data was moved by mistake you should be able to locate it, and if they were deleted they will show at the bottom of the list with a small bin icon.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?