Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Retrieving Photos from Dropbox that have been migrated from Apples Photos

Explorer | Level 3

I have tried to solve this problem with support-but got responses that seemed to indicate that they lacked understanding. This might be down to me but I thought I would try here.

My photo workflow is:

I download photos from my camera into Apple Photos on my mac.

I do an edit and then migrate them to dropbox.

Occasionally I want to go back to the photo in dropbox and retrieve it to do a further edit. When I do that one of two things happen I either get a response which says " Do you want to create a duplicate" or it just goes ahead opens in Photos and created a duplicate.

Has anybody else seen this issue or is it something I am doing or just not understanding?Thanks

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Retrieving Photos from Dropbox that have been migrated from Apples Photos

Super User II
Super User II

Neither of those messages sound like they come from Dropbox. How, exactly, are you trying to open the file when you get those messages? Please be specific, and provide screenshots if you're able to (omitting any personal information in the screenshot).

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks, Rich. I agree it doesn't sound or look like Dropbox and I suspect I am doing something stupid but here goes.

The attached screenshot is;

After I have migrated photos to a Dropbox folder.

When I have gone back to dropbox to retrieve by double-clicking on the file for hat photo for further editing. 

The pop-up asking about duplicates appears.

Thanks again for your help.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Your screenshots didn't make it. Use the Photos button above the reply box, or put them in your Dropbox and create Share Links to them.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?