cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning to Dropbox Plus after being Team Admin in Dropbox Business

Returning to Dropbox Plus after being Team Admin in Dropbox Business

New member | Level 2

How to step down from being a Team Admin in Dropbox Business without being given Basic individual account. Have too much personal data which I don’t want to lose, need to return to Dropbox Plus.

1 Reply 1

Re: Returning to Dropbox Plus after being Team Admin in Dropbox Business

Dropboxer

Hi there @JKM2, thanks for reaching out to us. 

At first, I want to clarify that even if your account is converted to a Basic account, you don't lose access to private content and any shared folders you own. 

Having said that, if you are a team admin and you wish to leave an active team which has other members in it, you:

• Can appoint someone else as the team admin, if there isn't another one already. 
  • Will have to ask another team admin to convert your account to an individual (Basic) one.

Do not worry, you won't lose access to the content that you'll get to keep.

Instead, your account will simply stop syncing if the storage limit is exceeded. 

Once your account is converted to a Basic one, you can upgrade to a Plus account from this link

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?