cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ridiculously slow upload speeds

Ridiculously slow upload speeds

merk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I've tried uploading through the website and using the windows app.  In both cases I'm lucky if i get 1/100 of what my actual upload limit is. I'm trying to upload about 4gb worth of files and it's saying its going to take 2+ days because it's uploading at 20kbps. Even comcast is faster then this.

I've already set the app to use unlimited bandwith and it hasn't helped. Dropbox is pretty easy to use, but if this is the fastest I can upload, dropbox is going to get dropped.

86 Replies 86

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'd be happy to look further into this with you @Tissie.

I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here, so please check your inbox when you have the chance if you'd like to continue through our Support channel.

Since we can't see any info related to your account or devices here, we'll be able to work with more tool and info there.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

skimo
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

You are my hero. Thank you so much!

damircudic
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same problem. I use web browser (Safari) for uploading. My upload speed is about 20% of the upload speed I have. It's very anoying to upload. If this problem continues, Dropbox for me will be useless and I will need to replace it for something else. 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @damircudic, thanks for joining us here!

Most of the issues dealt with in this thread are related to the desktop app rather than through the website. 

Since it's through your browser specifically, to rule out any browser specific issues please try the following and let me know if you see any difference:

• Use another web browser
  • Use an incognito/private browsing window
  • Clear your browser cache and try again

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JDD1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same issue here - Super slow upload speeds regardless of app or directly through web browser.  Been through all the standard steps, including talking to my ISP etc.  I'm sure it's on Dropbox's end as I also have a OneDrive account and do not experience this issue.  This is unfortunate as I'm planning to move my entire business over to Dropbox as I prefer some of the options better, but this issue could force me to change my mind.  It's crazy slow and when collaborating with someone in real time I can't be waiting minutes for a simple change in a small file to sync back up. 

merk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

take a look at my post at the top of page 2 - it solved the issue for me.  Or i guess i should say it improved the issue 😉 it's still not nearly as fast as uploading to some other services. But I'm getting anywhere between 100 mbps and 200 mbps which is a lot better then what I was getting before.

JDD1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@merk - thanks, but I'm on a Mac so I'm not sure that is the same?

merk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@JDD1 oh sorry, not sure if there is an equivalent settings for the mac

Brisinghamen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am on a mac running 10.14.6

I have the same problem.

I used to be able to collaborate across Europe with colleauges dropping files in and they would upload / download overnight.

We can no longer do this as the file upload times have increased enormously.

My Upload speed is around 700kb/s.

I have tested the system using online speed testerts and I should be able to achieve upload of around 5MB/s

So Ihave less than 10% of what is available.

I have set Bandwidth to dont limit for both upload and download.

I have installed the latest software and have reset permissions several times.

I cant see any other istructions online for what might be a solution.

Please help so I can get back to work.

Thanks.

varunsharma0603
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also facing the same problem form over a week now, getting an upload speed of around 300 kbps. regardless of browser or desktop app. It's very frustrating, I am transferring from other sources for quick transfers

Need more support?