cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ridiculously slow upload speeds

Ridiculously slow upload speeds

merk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I've tried uploading through the website and using the windows app.  In both cases I'm lucky if i get 1/100 of what my actual upload limit is. I'm trying to upload about 4gb worth of files and it's saying its going to take 2+ days because it's uploading at 20kbps. Even comcast is faster then this.

I've already set the app to use unlimited bandwith and it hasn't helped. Dropbox is pretty easy to use, but if this is the fastest I can upload, dropbox is going to get dropped.

86 Replies 86

canalla
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@merk you rock! This solved my download speed that was down to 200 kbps - 400 kbs and had to download 400 Gb.....applied your solution and the speed went up to 10 Mbs.

Love you for ever and ever! Heart

Tuxy79
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have 27 files totalling 12.5GB of data and my upload speed is PEGGED at 9kb/sec.

If Dropbox doesn't acknowledge there is a problem soon, I'm going to cancel.  I'll just keep my files offline until I find a better solution.

j2peol
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Is unbelievable how slow this can be!!!

I have a OneDrive free account, mostly for personal use, and a 3TB Dropbox account hired for my work. Last three months i've been working at home, and I usually send 4GB video files on OneDrive, that upload very fast. We needed storage for backing up this videos, so we decided to get a paid Dropbox, and upgrade my ISP to a 300Mb download/20Mb upload service. Runing Win 10 Build 1903 up to date.

OneDrv Speed.jpgThis is the average OneDrive upload speed i get: 1,4 to 1,5 MB/s. This was captured just a minute ago, since i´m currently uploading a video, pausing Dropbox sync in the meantime.

DropSpeed.jpg This is my average Dropbox upload speed: 16/18 KB/s, no bandwidth limit, autotuninglevel  normal, and 20,2Mb/s on my latest speedtest 2 minutes ago. 

Is there anything i must know on how to make this work? Maybe best answer would be to pay OneDrive for the storage instead of Dropbox?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Tuxy79 and @j2peol, sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this. 

If you've already tried customizing the desktop app's bandwidth-usage settings to improve syncing, could you have a look at this link to check your options to contacting our Support team?

If you already have a ticket, could you let us know the ID (eg. #1234567) that's associated with it, so as to pass your comments along? 

Keep us posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

merk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Have you tried the solution on the top of page 1 of this thread?

JDD1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Issue seems to have randomly gone away for me. Solution at top of page didn’t fix it.

Support is the worst. They take forever to respond and don’t even pay attention to what you tell them.

j2peol
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes sr, my autotuninglevel setting is normal, I took that step before posting here.

j2peol
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Update: After contacting support, i had a couple hours of a decent upload speed, and it went back to 16kb. Since then, everytime speed dropped, i had to change the Bandwith limit to any speed, and back to unlimited, and restart the app. 

After 3 weeks doing so, now i get outstanding sync speeds without changing settings. I don´t know if there has been any change in Dropbox service, or if the service needed to settle like a new car. Anyway, nothing to complain about dropbox speed anymore, is running fast and smooth.

j2peol
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Update on the update...

I rushed, it still sucks, back to the slow sync and nothing seems to work to make dropbox fast again.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @j2peol, I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this!

As you were already in contact with our Support team for this, I would recommend getting back to them (if you haven't already) to let them know that the issue is persisting.

If you'd like to, you can let me know your ticket number (eg. #1234567) and I can pass along the details that you've posted here to keep my colleague in the loop.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?