cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ridiculously slow upload speeds

Ridiculously slow upload speeds

merk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I've tried uploading through the website and using the windows app.  In both cases I'm lucky if i get 1/100 of what my actual upload limit is. I'm trying to upload about 4gb worth of files and it's saying its going to take 2+ days because it's uploading at 20kbps. Even comcast is faster then this.

I've already set the app to use unlimited bandwith and it hasn't helped. Dropbox is pretty easy to use, but if this is the fastest I can upload, dropbox is going to get dropped.

86 Replies 86

noisprere
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hey, I'm new here in the "my Dropbox is taking forever to sync whatever" club

Difference is my Dropbox app says it's using all my internet speed but even small files takes forever to sync.

WTH. 

matox
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i love u man, thanx

noisprere
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The solution (for me) was restore windows. Hope this helps someone else too.

anaganisk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The upload speed of dropbox is very very slow, I've gone thru several posts here that mention about the same but dropbox support always return generic responses implying they're throttled by ISP, firewall settings etc. but thats totally wrong. Below is my internet speed, S3, google drive, one drive, all  work very fast when it comes to uploads, I suspect something is wrong from dropbox side and they're not fixing it. I also set the upload limit to do not limit it dropbox preferences, nothing just helps.

Annotation 2020-11-14 092252.png

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @anaganisk, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

If you haven't already, please check out this thread as there are some additional suggestions that might just do the trick for you.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

anaganisk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

No I dont think it helps, I tried and nothign changed. Like I said only dropbox has this issue, Gdrive or onedrive dont have any such issues.

Alanl33
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Temporary fix!!!

I've also got a 1Gbps fiber connection and get 600mbps on wifi, dropbox upload is incredibly slow for uploading mass data with thousands of small files we're talking about 50mb in 1 hour, it's going to take days if not weeks to sync 2Tb and my Mac's fan is going crazy.
No restriction on bandwidth and have also tried hard-wired ethernet directly into the router.

I've been trawling through the forums and this seems to be a common problem and there are screenshots of direct speed tests with Google Drive and other cloud storage, on the same set-up and DropBox clearly has a problem. 
However, I've also found a fix, use File Zilla for incredible direct upload/download into DB, you can have 10 threads uploading in parallel and now I can see GBs uploading in realtime. 

Please please get this sorted DB as there's a bottleneck somewhere.
MacOS Catalina
16 inch Macbook Pro 

2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 

64 GB, 4TB SSD

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

guterkerl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So it seems like I'm not the only one. Tested also uploading files to Google Drive. It was WAAAAAAY faster.

merk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The people having problems with uploads - are you using a browser to upload or using the dropbox app/folder to upload?

Alanl33
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm using the MacOS app

Need more support?