cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right click windows menu disappearing when downloading folder

Right click windows menu disappearing when downloading folder

Lenule_k
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,
dropbox app v 118 + windows 10 issue
it drives me crazy when I wanna set up multiple folders as local or online only, folder starts downloading, and just after the action I cant do that with another folder since after right click on folder the windows options just disappear, I need to set local multiple folders at once preferably.
any tips?  Much appreciated, thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Right click windows menu disappearing when downloading folder

Rich
Super User II

@Lenule_k wrote:

I need to set local multiple folders at once preferably.

Just highlight all the folders at once and right-click on them. You'll still the the Local and Online-only options, and whichever you choose will apply to all the folders you have selected.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@Lenule_k wrote:

I need to set local multiple folders at once preferably.

Just highlight all the folders at once and right-click on them. You'll still the the Local and Online-only options, and whichever you choose will apply to all the folders you have selected.

View solution in original post

Lenule_k
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for the tip, although I think the problem persisted through the whole directory, and the folders I need to set local aro not in the same folder all the time, but definitely will do "right click select all" when this is just one folder task.
I think its because drobpox starts refreshing the folders at the moment when starts downloading the files, not sure its fixable

Rich
Super User II

@Lenule_k wrote:

I think its because drobpox starts refreshing the folders at the moment when starts downloading the files, not sure its fixable

Not Dropbox; your operating system, which Dropbox has no control over.

Same thing would happen in your Downloads folder while downloading a file from any website. Start a download from somewhere. Go into your Downloads folder and start to rename a file. If the download completes while you're in the middle of the rename, Windows will refresh the folder for the newly added file and your rename is cancelled.

Lenule_k
Explorer | Level 3

I know,
its an windows thing based on dropbox command, maybe I wanted to avoid the exact term in order to be able to "fix dropbox issue" but anyways thanks 🙂

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?