cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road Trip Data Sync

Road Trip Data Sync

Jet Lag
Helpful | Level 6

Long time user of Dropbox syncing various files from my iPhone.

Have just upgraded to a new iPhone but the Road Trip Data app (which has synched with Dropbox very successfully for the past ten years or so) was not showing so I downloaded it again.

When I tried to sync with Dropbox it appears to have removed all of my previous sync data from Dropbox and replaced this with the demo data from the Road Trip Data app, which bears no relation to my data previously saved on Dropbox.

Have looked in Deleted files but I guess these files were not deleted but written over, so not there!

Any chance that these sync files can be recovered?

Any help would be appreciated.

(Just did not think that I should back up Dropbox data!!)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Road Trip Data Sync

Jet Lag
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Lusil

Managed to find a solution after thinking about it overnight!

I restored my old iPhone (still had the backup on iTunes) and the Road Trip data was still on the app! I deleted the Road Trip synched stuff on Dropbox. Then synched my old iPhone (Road Trip Data) to Dropbox. All went well.

I then connected my new iPhone directly to iTunes and asked iTunes to setup the new iPhone using my old iPhone backup.

Success, all apps and data transferred across! Many thanks for trying to find a solution

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @Jet Lag, let's see what we can do here. 

If you can see the files in question, could you have a look at their version history to see if they were indeed overwritten? 

Also, check your events page for any additional information on changes that occurred to content in your account. 

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jet Lag
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Lucil, thanks for getting back to me.

I cannot see the files in question. However I see that in the events page there is a Folder added 6 hours ago Road Trip Data! So this refers to the uploaded demo data from Road Trip.

2021-01-19_22-38-38.png

I notice that there is a new option to "Rewind" a folder. Would this find my previous sync data and put Dropbox back where it was prior to my suspect sync?

Many thanks for your help.

Jet Lag
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Lusil

Managed to find a solution after thinking about it overnight!

I restored my old iPhone (still had the backup on iTunes) and the Road Trip data was still on the app! I deleted the Road Trip synched stuff on Dropbox. Then synched my old iPhone (Road Trip Data) to Dropbox. All went well.

I then connected my new iPhone directly to iTunes and asked iTunes to setup the new iPhone using my old iPhone backup.

Success, all apps and data transferred across! Many thanks for trying to find a solution

View solution in original post

Lusil
Dropboxer
Awesome work with the troubleshooting, @Jet Lag!

If anything else comes up, just give us another nudge. 

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week in the meantime!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?