cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL can't get my Dropbox photos to show up in my Android gallery

STILL can't get my Dropbox photos to show up in my Android gallery

yeetandco
Explorer | Level 4

I've read all the related forum posts dating back to 2012 with no avil. 

Problem: I use dropbox mostly for photoshop files and JPG photos. I have many folders and subfolders with pictures and files. Today I started uploading some of these pictures to instagram, so I first selected a folder and 'saved to device'. This did not show these pictures in my Android Gallery app where I need them to be despite saving them to folders with gallery pictures in them. So I selected individual pictures, used the same process and still they are not showing. I found a workaround online by selecting a single picture, clicking 'export to' then selecting instagram. While this did work, it only works for single pictures and I still can't see them in my gallery. 

I am now trying to upload multiple pictures to instagram in a single 'carousel' post, but I am unable to select 'export to' instagram with multiple selected. 

I need to find a way to get my pictures to show up in my Android gallery. I have already looked into the left 'Photos' tab of Dropbox and non of the pictures in my folders show up there, so I am unable to add them to a sub folder named 'Photos' (This was the best solution according to other online users)

Any help avaliable for this?? Thanks

44 Replies 44

dmg_2020
Explorer | Level 4

Hello!

I've tried to use the browser (Chrome, up to date version, Android) but it saves multiple selection as a single .zip file - so it works differently than App that saves files individually.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for trying that out for me, @dmg_2020

I've sent you a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile, so please check your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dmg_2020
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, Lusil!

I can see your email and a link to zendesk but my correct username and password are not accepted -

dzen.jpg

thank you!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

No worries, @dmg_2020:slight_smile: I just saw your reply and have made sure to get back to you. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Surge92
Explorer | Level 4
I'm having a similar problem. My downloaded Dropbox photos used to automatically show up in my Downloads gallery album. Ever since my phone upgraded to Android 10 a few days ago, however, they no longer show, even though they're downloading. The files show in the Download directory, but I have to C+P them to another album in my gallery and then move them to the Downloads album for them to show. To add to the mystery, when I try to move the photos to the Downloads album, I get a prompt telling me the photo is already in the album (even though I can't see it) and asking me if I want to replace it. Only once the "invisible" file has been replaced can I move the downloaded photo to that album. If anyone has any solutions, I'm all ears.

TBartley
Helpful | Level 5

Just coming to confirm this is still an issue and it has been for over a year.

Dropbox people who try and help here it's not a complex issue on our side.

If we single export a photo it's fine but if we batch export they don't show up in the gallery.

So for me this is an issue because when I go to post a photo to Instagram it's not available.

I've been having to individually export each photo for a few years to get around this now but it's the only problem I have with Dropbox, it's very time consuming and I don't understand why the people from Dropbox never seem to understand the issue when it's bought up here. It's nothing to do with wifi or celluar or index folders or anything. It's as simple as single export works and and batch save to device doesnt.

I'm on a OnePlus 6T running the newest version of Android but I've had this issue for at least 2 years across all versions of android.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey everyone, thanks for all your updates here!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this, I'd like to look into it further with you and pass along all the info you've provided to the right place.

I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here @TBartley so if you'd like to, please check your inbox when you have a moment.

For anyone else also having this issue, please create a ticket here and let me know the ticket number (eg. #1234567) so that I can follow up with you there.

Thank you!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

harleyandy
Explorer | Level 4

I am having the same problem and it is UNBELIEVABLY frustrating. I have followed all the steps as outlined in this thread and it still doesn't work. Like everyone, I want to upload multiple images which is only possible via the image folder on a mobile device. Open Dropbox, select the files and then Save to device. This just does nothing. Try and Save again and the device says that do you want to overwrite the images; but they aren't there! Then maybe, one image magically appears in the images folder, but the rest are nowhere to be seen. Refreshing the device doesn't help and they cannot be found anywhere on the device. I am using a Samsung S9.

harleyandy
Explorer | Level 4

PS. This may be a version issue but the following steps -

• Navigate to "Internal storage" (it will either be the first option on the screen or you may need to tap the menu icon in the top left corner to see it).
  • Choose the folder "DCIM".
  • Choose the folder "Camera" and save the images within there.

Do not exist as an option.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hi @harleyandy, I hope you're well today!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'd like to help out as much as possible.

I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here so that we can look into some device specific info and troubleshoot further.

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my message.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Stoertebeker New member | Level 2
    Wendelin S. New member | Level 2
    topsturner New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    koelooptiemanna New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?