cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL can't get my Dropbox photos to show up in my Android gallery

STILL can't get my Dropbox photos to show up in my Android gallery

yeetandco
Explorer | Level 4

I've read all the related forum posts dating back to 2012 with no avil. 

Problem: I use dropbox mostly for photoshop files and JPG photos. I have many folders and subfolders with pictures and files. Today I started uploading some of these pictures to instagram, so I first selected a folder and 'saved to device'. This did not show these pictures in my Android Gallery app where I need them to be despite saving them to folders with gallery pictures in them. So I selected individual pictures, used the same process and still they are not showing. I found a workaround online by selecting a single picture, clicking 'export to' then selecting instagram. While this did work, it only works for single pictures and I still can't see them in my gallery. 

I am now trying to upload multiple pictures to instagram in a single 'carousel' post, but I am unable to select 'export to' instagram with multiple selected. 

I need to find a way to get my pictures to show up in my Android gallery. I have already looked into the left 'Photos' tab of Dropbox and non of the pictures in my folders show up there, so I am unable to add them to a sub folder named 'Photos' (This was the best solution according to other online users)

Any help avaliable for this?? Thanks

44 Replies 44

koelooptiemanna
New member | Level 2

From within the app I've reported a bug, stating all info needed to reproduce.

I've received an email with some stupid reply to check the FAQ etc. but if I was certain I could reply with "info to reproduce" WHICH I'VE ALREADY GAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE..

Just make an option in the app to "ASK FOR SUPPORT" and then give me that email.. don't let me type all info only to disregard it and insult me with a dumb reply.

But alas.. after replying AGAIN with a more elaborate description I get a reply that I need to reply with the same email address (WHAT? WHY???) and in the email there's a link to the ticket.. clicking on it opens up the standard support page with NO LINK to my ticket whatsoever..

ps. also trying to post above message gave me this:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING OVER THERE DROPBOX????

I mean.. is this for real?

I'm this close to swearing and shouting.. trying to report a bug and this is what I get.. well.. bravo! I give up.. 

If someone is interested in testing my bug here it is:

On Android 10 (OnePlus 7) when I want to save multiple images to "on device" (approx. translation from Dutch), i.e. save to Gallery folder, only ONE will show up in the destination folder when viewed with default Gallery App.

Checking the folder with a File Explorer does show that all files are transmitted, but as stated, only the first file from the batch will show up.
Saving each foto seperately does work, but it's the multiple save that's broken.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @koelooptiemanna, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

I've moved your post here, where other users have expressed a similar concern. 

Please note that our dev team is aware of this issue and are looking into it. 

We'll make sure to keep you posted with any further updates. 

In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

topsturner
New member | Level 2

I have finally got a quick workaround - go out of instagram, open your File Manager (where you can see all the files on your phone), navigate to some of the pics, go back in to instagram and they magically appear in your instagram gallery.  Maddening to work out but simple now I know.  Hope that helps!

Wendelin S.
New member | Level 2

I had the same problem as described in this thread and the answer from Yek is the only workaround that worked so far.

@Dropbox-Staff: If it's still not clear what is the issue, I can provide you as well a video the next time I export my photos.

Stoertebeker
New member | Level 2
Thanks, that worked. But I am more than disappointed with Dropbox performance not getting this fixed after such a long time. For me another reason to cancel my subscription asap.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Stoertebeker New member | Level 2
    Wendelin S. New member | Level 2
    topsturner New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    koelooptiemanna New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?