cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Safari opening new tab and redirecting to the link instead of downloading without leaving the pa

Safari opening new tab and redirecting to the link instead of downloading without leaving the page

FJR_
Helpful | Level 6

Hi!

It works perfectly in Chrome links with ?dl=1 

In Safari it opens a new tab or redirects to the link to the investment of only download as it happens in Chrome.

Is there any solution for this?

My sample page: https://motionloop.com/trendy/elementor-196/?redirect_to=0

3 Replies 3

FJR_
Helpful | Level 6

If I put as an IFRAME, it also does not work, it does not leave the page, but also not low.

My goal when using the  ?dl=1  is to hide as much as possible the direct link of Dropbox.

Because use for digital product.

FJR_
Helpful | Level 6

Hi!

In all browsers works well, but in Safari it insists on not letting the iframe access the download link:

Refused to load [Removed as per Community Guidelines] because it does not appear in the frame-ancestors directive of the Content Security Policy.
https://www.dropbox.com/csp_log?policy_name=metaserver-whitelist

I'm going through this solution because in Safari it requires a new tab to be open to start downlaod, it seems that Dropbox needs to authorize my domain to run iframe or running the download link without having to open a new tab.

The code I'm using is IFRAME standard:

<iframe src="[Removed as per Community Guidelines] "></iframe>

Is there any solution for this?

============

I just tested with the Google Drive download link and with them Safari does not require opening a new tab and not out of my site, could you explain why this happens different with Dropbox?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hey there @FJR_, thanks for using Dropbox and sorry for the late reply.

Since the issue seems to be caused by your browser, in this case Safari, there's nothing much we can do from our end to help with this.

I wish I had a better answer for you. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?