cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Space on C:

Jviker
Explorer | Level 3

I am working on my PC with the app for dashboard. I have a virtual Dropbox unit, when I save a file in a dropbox folder, the C: unit of my hard disk increase the used space in the same bytes of the file saved. Then I have a limitation to upload files into the cloud through my Pc.

How can avoid this limitation?. May I change the set up in any way that the file goes directly to the cloud avoiding the C: unit?.

Thank you so much for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Save Space on C:

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Jviker,

One option of that might be usage of "Smart Sync". This is far from perfect, since there isn't guarantee what files are online and local engaged space isn't guaranteed. Every file gets in sync before usage and it isn't clearly defined when exactly the space gets freed. The definition isn't precise.

I have proposed idea, related to your query, some time ago. You can vote it up, if you like it.

Good luck... to all of us.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Save Space on C:

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Jviker,

One option of that might be usage of "Smart Sync". This is far from perfect, since there isn't guarantee what files are online and local engaged space isn't guaranteed. Every file gets in sync before usage and it isn't clearly defined when exactly the space gets freed. The definition isn't precise.

I have proposed idea, related to your query, some time ago. You can vote it up, if you like it.

Good luck... to all of us.

View solution in original post

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?