cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Save template same folder as template document

Save template same folder as template document

snaranjo
Explorer | Level 4

Chat transcript:
( 18:40:20 ) Visitor: I have a question about Paper templates... Specifically saving a document made from a template
( 18:40:56 ) Mason: Hi Santiago! Thank you for contacting Dropbox support. My name is Mason, and I would be more than happy to assist you today.
( 18:41:15 ) Mason: I completely understand how important it is to know how exactly Paper templates work. Rest assured that you have my full attention, so let's get right to it!
( 18:41:24 ) Mason: What exactly is your question?
( 18:41:25 ) Visitor: Every time I create a document from a DropBox Paper template, that file is created in my DropBox home folder. What I would like to see is every time I create a document from a Paper Template, I would like that file to land in the same folder in which the Template lives.
( 18:41:42 ) Visitor: It seems I have to move that document every time
( 18:42:23 ) Visitor: It's monotonous. My template resides embedded several folders in from my home folder. And that is the same place I would like the created doc to land.
( 18:42:27 ) Visitor: Does that make sense?
( 18:42:52 ) Mason: I does indeed. Let me have a look for a minute please.
( 18:44:54 ) Mason: I will need a couple more minutes. Please bare with me.
( 18:45:48 ) Mason: Thank you for waiting Santiago!
( 18:47:03 ) Mason: I haven't been able to find relevant documentation on this, so I would like to forward your request to our advanced team.
( 18:47:32 ) Mason: They should be able to shed some more light into this, and if it isn't possible, mark it as a suggestion for future updates.
( 18:47:35 ) Visitor: So I guess this is meant to behave this way?
( 18:48:08 ) Mason: The thing is that I can't find information on that specific question, and that is why we'll need to consult our advanced team.

1 Reply 1

Re: Save template same folder as template document

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @snaranjo, thanks for reaching out to us on the Dropbox Community. 

From what I understand, you'd like for a Paper doc that's created from a template to stay in the folder the template came from. 

In that case, I'd recommend posting this as a feature you'd like to see in the future, here, where other users can comment and upvote your idea. 

If you have any other questions in the future, don't hesitate to get back to us. In the meantime, have a lovely day ahead! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?