cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save to Dropbox from Notes app in iOS fails

Save to Dropbox from Notes app in iOS fails

TheDanny
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

If I use the Notes app in iOS to scan a document, and then I use the share option to Save to Dropbox, I get the error "An unknown error occured. Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later." Other apps can share to Dropbox, it seems that only the Notes app can't.. This happens on an iPhone 11 Pro Max and an iPad Pro and an iPad Air 2, all running iOS/iPadOS 14.2. I also tried to save to files and select Dropbox, that works on the iPads, but not on the iPhone.

Any ideas?

Thanks

18 Replies 18

Aerodriver
New member | Level 2
I’m having the exact same problem! Why hasn’t Dropbox provided a fix to this or posted a meaningful explanation?!

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Aerodriver, and sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue! 

May I ask more regarding the device you use? Have you tried using both cellular data, and a different WiFi? 

In addition to this, can I ask for if you follow the precise steps when trying to share, as shown above?

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TheDanny
Explorer | Level 4

Lori,

Sorry if I sound irritated, but all you need to do is read the whole thread. Aerodriver already wrote that he’s facing the exact same issue I did. I say “did” because I’m resorting to another cloud sharing service which does not have this problem.

Thanks

SPBRob
New member | Level 2

The scanned files are PDF

No that doesn't work on iPhones

Take a iPhone, scan a document, open that document and share then select save to dropbox

As soon as dropbox sheet opens the error is there, unable to change the filename

truncj
New member | Level 2

RusticM
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks!  This indeed solved my issue.

smussadi
New member | Level 2

I've also been having this problem for a quite a while. I just tried to delete the dropbox and reinstall it.  After reinstalling, same issue.  This is very frustrating.  

smussadi
New member | Level 2

Also, the work around did not work for me.  

Renwoman
New member | Level 2
Same experience here. I have also decided to hold off upgrading due to the complete lack of effective customer support
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Renwoman New member | Level 2
    smussadi New member | Level 2
    RusticM Explorer | Level 4
    truncj New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?