cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save video from dropbox to iPhone camera roll

Save video from dropbox to iPhone camera roll

mrswle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, 

i'd like to save a video from the dropbox app to my camera roll from my iphone x. 

These videos were made with an old camera, i saved them on a sd card and uploaded it to my dropbox. Now i want to save them on my iphone via the dropbox app. 

The preview in the app works very well, i can watch the video even when i change the suffix to .mod. 

But i cannot download it... (and no, i dont want to save it in my files, i'd like to have it in my camera roll like the other videos i took with the iphone). 

So my question is basically what can i do now and is there a way to save them as i want to? 

Any suggestions regarding the suffix or the video size? Or maybe direct transfer with itunes? 

I tried several apps but nothing worked, im a bit devastated and out of ideas...

ah and i always get the error message: this type of video cannot be saved on this device

Thank you in advance everybody!

And im sorry if there is already a thread about this, unfortunately I didnt find anything 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mrswle; welcome to our Community!

To directly cut to the chase, please note that you can export photos or videos to your device’s “Camera Roll” album while other files can be exported to applications that support their file types.

To export a photo or video to your device:

• Open the Dropbox app and open the photo or video that you would like to export
  • Tap the ellipsis (..) on the top-right and select “Export”
  • Tap “Save Image” (or “Save Video”) to save this file locally to your device

To export other files:

• Open the file you’d like to export in the Dropbox app
  • Tap the ellipsis (..) on the top-right and select “Export”. You will now see two rows of apps.
  • In the lower row, tap “Open In…” - this will show you a list of apps to export this file to. If you don’t see any apps indicated, you will need to download an app that supports this filetype.

Please note that exporting a file saves a copy of the file to another app and that exported files will not sync with your Dropbox account.

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have any more questions.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mrswle; welcome to our Community!

To directly cut to the chase, please note that you can export photos or videos to your device’s “Camera Roll” album while other files can be exported to applications that support their file types.

To export a photo or video to your device:

• Open the Dropbox app and open the photo or video that you would like to export
  • Tap the ellipsis (..) on the top-right and select “Export”
  • Tap “Save Image” (or “Save Video”) to save this file locally to your device

To export other files:

• Open the file you’d like to export in the Dropbox app
  • Tap the ellipsis (..) on the top-right and select “Export”. You will now see two rows of apps.
  • In the lower row, tap “Open In…” - this will show you a list of apps to export this file to. If you don’t see any apps indicated, you will need to download an app that supports this filetype.

Please note that exporting a file saves a copy of the file to another app and that exported files will not sync with your Dropbox account.

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have any more questions.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?