cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Images Directly from Website

Saving Images Directly from Website

Karl926
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I am new here and need some help. I am afitness enthusiast and browse through a lot of fitness sites. Is it possible to save images from a direct url to my dropbox account. For instance, if I want to save images from say [removed as per the Community's Guidelines] , is there someway I can do it the way we do it on pinterest or do I have to download them and then upload to my DB account?

1 Reply 1

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Karl926, thanks for reaching out to us. 

If you want to save the file directly to the Dropbox website from another third party link, you'll have to download it to your local storage and then add it to the website, as mentioned in this article

However, if you have the desktop app installed, you can set your browser to save downloads to the Dropbox folder.

That way, when you download a file to the Dropbox folder and the desktop app is running, the file should get synced across to your account. 

Finally, if you have the mobile app installed, you can select an image and share/add it to the Dropbox mobile app directly without saving it to your internal storage. 

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?