cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving database file for Outlook for Mac in Dropbox

Saving database file for Outlook for Mac in Dropbox

Explorer | Level 3

Hi. I believe this is the corect group to ask this. I just switched to Outlook for Mac (part of 365 on Mac) and hav multiple email accounts. Unlike Windows where there is a pst file in Mac the data is saved to a folder in Library/Group Containers called UBF8T346G9.Office . Is there a way to point this to my Dropbox folder to be sync'd at the same time? Unlike other programs where I can point to the file in Dropbox or ever in Windows where I was able to move the pst file I cannot do that with Mac.

Any ideas? Thanks

Jay

2 Replies 2

Re: Saving database file for Outlook for Mac in Dropbox

Dropboxer

Hi @JayiP54, thanks for messaging today!

It depends if the Outlook app allows you to have that file located elsewhere on your machine. If so, you could move the file physically to your Dropbox folder in order to allow it to be synced, and used by Outlook at the same time.

Bear in mind that the file will only sync when it is not in use, meaning that Outlook might need to be closed for the file to sync and changes to the site.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Saving database file for Outlook for Mac in Dropbox

Explorer | Level 3

That works with Windows but unfortunately in Mac it does not.  Atleast as I can see. Thanks tho.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?