cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan file lost completely?

Scan file lost completely?

Bewlay
Explorer | Level 3

Hi

On the Android app (version 266.2.2) I scanned a document but I received an error message while trying to upload it, both on data and on wi-fi. I assumed that I would be able to access the saved file on my device (in JPG format) after I closed the error screen, however the file doesn't seem to exist.

Is there some kind of 'temp' folder where these files are stored before they are uploaded?

This file was of particular importance to me (as I had limited access to the paper version) and I wonder if it is still located somewhere on my device. Thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Scan file lost completely?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Bewlay, if the mobile app created a temporary file to upload it to the site, it wouldn't be possible to access it from the device since that feature isn't available. Any temporary files would've been deleted by now since it has been a while since the upload.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropboxer
Hi @Bewlay, and thanks for posting on our Community. 

Do you remember perhaps what the error message you received was saying? 

If you took any screenshot of it, by any chance, don’t hesitate to send it to me. 

Keep me posted!

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Bewlay
Explorer | Level 3

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I can't remember exactly but it was something along the lines of 'waiting for internet connection'. (This was despite me being online). I assumed it was a glitch in the network and that the original file would be available when I went back a step - I had already saved the file as a JPG, hence my looking for it somewhere on my device.

Nancy
Dropboxer
Hmm, I see what you mean. 

If the JPG file you mention was uploaded to Dropbox, you can have a look here and check if there’s any sign of it. 

If you can’t locate it there either, I’m afraid it hasn’t been uploaded at all to our servers, so you’ll need to double check your mobile device and see if it could be possibly saved on another location. 

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Bewlay
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks again. I had already checked that location online so my last hope was some kind of temp file. Doesn't it need to create one in order to then upload it?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Bewlay, if the mobile app created a temporary file to upload it to the site, it wouldn't be possible to access it from the device since that feature isn't available. Any temporary files would've been deleted by now since it has been a while since the upload.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Bewlay Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?