cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshot save not working in Catalina

Highlighted

Screenshot save not working in Catalina

Helpful | Level 5

uninstalled, reinstalled but Dropbox screenshot save & URL stopped working when I upgraded my Mac to Catalina.

Thoughts? Help?

Thanks,

30 Replies 30
Highlighted

Re: Screenshot save not working in Catalina

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello Brian! I'm glad to see new faces around our Community 

As you've already re-installed our app and still having this issue, could you try to disable this functionality and re-enable it? This might do the trick 

You can disable syncing your screenshots in Preferences of your Dropbox by following these steps:

1. Click on the Dropbox icon in the menu bar at the top right of your screen.
  2. Click the Gear icon.
  3. Click Preferences.
  4. Click Import.
  5. Uncheck and re-check "Save screenshots to your personal Dropbox".

If the functionality isn't back yet, please reboot your computer and give it another go!

Should the matter at hand persist, please send me the status of the desktop app exactly as it's shown on the affected computer so I can investigate further. 

Thanks in advance @brianboyd_NYC!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Alas, followed your instructions but with no postive results. Mac saves screenshots to the downloads folder.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the quick response Brian!

At this point, I'll need to drill into your account's specifics to have a more concrete look of the matter at hand.

Would it be OK if I reached out via your Dropbox email address so we can work on this together? 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Yes please! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Same issue here

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm reaching out to both of you soon via your Dropbox email addresses so we can investigate.

Keep an eye on your email's inbox for my message and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Walter

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

This is also an issue for me. The screenshots were working fine until my battery died and my computer restarted this morning. I've tried disabling and reenabling the checkbox.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the report @gerst20051!

I just sent you a brief message to your Dropbox associated email address so we can work on this together. 

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox for my email and we'll take it from there. 

Talk via email soon!

Walter

Highlighted

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

Hi @brianboyd_NYC!

If you check Mac's Screenshot settings (open Screenshot app and then click on Settings at the bottom of the screen), does it list the save to location as Desktop, or Downloads/elsewhere? In case it shows some other location than Desktop, could you try if changing the save to location to Desktop would make a difference?

(I tried on Catalina, with Dropbox 83.4.152, and on my MacBook Pro the screenshot which Mac saved on my Desktop got picked up by Dropbox correctly and was moved to Dropbox Screenshots folder with URL copied)

Joonas

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?