cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshots don't seem to be saving to my Dropbox at all, what is happening?

Screenshots don't seem to be saving to my Dropbox at all, what is happening?

Explorer | Level 4

My screenshots don't seem to be saving into MY dropbox at all. I get a link, search and can see a view of that screenshot and strangers viewing/downloading this file/ What the.....is this?!

3 Replies 3

Re: Screenshots

Dropboxer

Hi there @DonnaD, I hope you're well today!

If you have the option enabled to save screenshots into Dropbox, they should be saved into a folder in Dropbox called "Screenshots".

The pop up notification allows you to copy a shared link to your file if you'd like to share this, but no-one else can access the link unless it's been shared out. 

Could you send me a screenshot of how you're seeing these people viewing/downloading the screenshot?

The visual would be helpful to make sure we're on the same page.

Looking forward to your reply!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Daphne,

I need an email address to send the screenshot to. Would you please provide that? 2nd request.

Thanks,

Donna

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @DonnaD!

We don't have an email to send info to the Community forum here I'm afraid, but you can add the screenshot in your post or send a shared link.

Otherwise, if you prefer to send it privately then I can suggest checking out the Support options available for your plan from here.

Hope this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?