cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshots folder is empty out of the blue - lost all of my past screenshots

Screenshots folder is empty out of the blue - lost all of my past screenshots

Christine1911
New member | Level 2

I pressed the prtsc button one day and the screenshot was not saved on dropbox (the saved message did not appear) and so I pressed it again and when I went on the dropbox screenshots folder, it only had this last screenshot. Why did this happen? Can I somehow retrieve the screenshots?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Screenshots folder is empty out of the blue - lost all of my past screenshots

Walter
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that @stevebrucehk

Can you see them online? Also, is your desktop app reporting "up to date" ?

Keep in mind that if those files were deleted within the last 30 days (or 120 days for Professional or Business users) you will be able to recover them from your deleted files page or your events page

I hope this helps and please let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Re: Screenshots folder is empty out of the blue - lost all of my past screenshots

Mark
Super User II
If they were removed within the last 30 days you can follow www.dropbox.com/help/296

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

stevebrucehk
New member | Level 2
They don't seem to be there either. 😞

Walter
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that @stevebrucehk

Can you see them online? Also, is your desktop app reporting "up to date" ?

Keep in mind that if those files were deleted within the last 30 days (or 120 days for Professional or Business users) you will be able to recover them from your deleted files page or your events page

I hope this helps and please let me know what you find!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Della Luna
New member | Level 2

This exact thing happened to me.  I pressed printscreen, only last screenshot is in the folder.  All previous screenshots are gone!

I do not see them in my deleted file either.  Has this issue been resolved?  Any more info since Feb 2017?

Or do I need to make sure I am saving screenshots somewhere else?

Walter
Dropboxer
Apologies for the late response @Della Luna; are you still having issues with this? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?