cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrivener to Dropbox my File is Gray

Scrivener to Dropbox my File is Gray

Writer Steven
Explorer | Level 3

I have been working on a project in Scrivener and attempting a sync to the Dropbox app. I am using a iPad 11 Pro. I think the file is there, as it shows the file size below the file name title. It starts out black and then pops to gray and cannot be opened. I tried to use the Dropbox website as well and it showed “Something went wrong while previewing this file.” I have a pdf document saved in Dropbox from another project outside of Scrivener. I have no problem opening it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Re: Scrivener to Dropbox my File is Gray

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey @Writer Steven, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Can you send me a screenshot of the error you're getting when you try viewing the file?

If you use another web browser, or a private/incognito window, do you see any difference there?

Keep me posted - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Writer Steven
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne,
Here are the screen shots. The file name to the left side of the screen has a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it. After I sync in Scrivener and open Dropbox, the file name is gray. I hit refresh, the file name font turns black, then immediately back to gray. Hope this helps. Sorry, I had to block the file name for client confidentiality.

5AB2FB77-FF17-4623-89E9-7F84C13C9612.jpeg0A228C95-67E9-4FE6-858C-A999A28CAC9A.jpegB9D5413B-43A6-4036-A7EF-A5EB2F06BD9F.jpeg

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for the screenshots @Writer Steven, it's most definitely helpful!

The reason that the file preview is failing here is that the file type isn't supported for previewing, since it's file type is ".scriv".

For this, there isn't much I could suggest as it's expected that the file can't be previewed I'm afraid.

Just to clarify from your first post, you mentioned not having any issues opening it. Is this in reference to this file or the other pdf doc that you mentioned?

Are you able to choose the format that you save the file to Dropbox in?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?