cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrivener writers app

Scrivener writers app

New member | Level 2

Newbie here.  I have an iPad Mini 2 software version 12.4.8 and am confused.  Over the years I have somehow created 2 Dropbox accounts and have never understood how to use them, it has always been a mess and a miracle when anything actually did what I wanted it to.  I am now making a huge effort to get to grips with Dropbox.  I have a newly installed Scrivener Writer’s app on my iPad Mini2.

A few days ago I set up the sync between Dropbox and Scrivener and created the required folder.  Now, When I press the sync symbol in Scrivener, the correct message comes up to say it is syncing.   I am in a mess.  I look at Scrivener and I can’t see the files from Word that I put into Dropbox.  But I can see something I have created on Scrivener in the correct folder on Dropbox.  I am going round in circles trying to sort myself out.  Is there anyone willing to work with me on a step by step guide please?  Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Re: Scrivener writers app

Dropboxer

Hi there @Fizzycloud, let's see what we can do here. 

Are you placing the Word document into your App's Scrivener folder?

Do you have any files stored in the other Dropbox account by any chance?

Let me know and we'll take it from there, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

FC493008-ED25-41D2-91BE-2637A53DCE65.png93305BE8-F769-43E0-831E-CBE4551500F9.png3693A5C1-62FE-445A-A4EA-9A445E93EADB.png405E8DA2-A014-4FDF-9D63-4D78FA6B7060.pngHello again Lusil.  I am attempting to send you 4 screen shots in answer to your first question.  I think I am placing the Word docs into my Apps Scrivener folder.  I have managed to save two documents - but they are different formats (if that is the correct term).  One will open, the other says no preview available.  I Can’t remember the steps I took to do these.  I will try sending this reply now and then send you another reply with the answer to your second question about files stored in my other Dropbox account (I will have to go and look.). Thank you.  

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil. I have tried again.  I can get from Word into Dropbox.  But it doesn’t show in Scrivener (or at least I can’t see it).

398C5231-5D24-41D7-BA5E-271FACF102D5.png

Dropboxer

Hi @Janet Fizz Curtis, I use the desktop version of Scrivener, which is different to the iOS version. The process is a bit more involved than moving files in the Dropbox folder on your computer.

I'd recommend checking their steps on their site here to see if you're following the same process to get files synced.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?