cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrolling via mouse in a folder on Desktop

Scrolling via mouse in a folder on Desktop

New member | Level 2

Have a really unique situation. 

When using the browser verison (Safari 12.1.2) on Mac (Sierra 10.12.6) had an issue start out of nowhere. 

When I try to scroll in a folder that is longer than the lenght of my browser window (using scroll wheel on external mouse or on a trackpad integrated into a wireless keyboard) it keeps bouncing me back to the top of the page, it will momentarily scroll down and then auto return to the top of the page. 

This issue is not present on pages like "settings" or a page where there is not a 'window' where there is a scroll bar not on the far right of the page. Also clicking and dragging on the scroll bar ends with the same results.

Oddly when not using the mouse scroll wheel or the track pad on the wirelss keyboard, the native track pad on the macbook air, functions as normal.

The issue is not present in Chrome (don't have firefox installed) and isn't present on other webpages outside of the interior folder view on dropbox. 
Have also tested in incognito mode, issue is still present. 

Have quit safari, rebooted the machine, signed out and back in the website, have cleared casche/cookies for the dropbox site. Have replaced batteries on the wireless keyboard, have blown air around trackpad and on mouse scroll wheel. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Scrolling via mouse in a folder on Desktop

Dropboxer

Hello there @andrewseely, thanks for posting!

Out of curiosity, can you try disabling any browser extensions one by one on your normal Safari window to see if there's any difference there?

It may be that this is due to using an older version of the browser as the website works best on the latest two versions of most browsers.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?