cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search doesn't work properly

Search doesn't work properly

Explorer | Level 3

my search for Dropbox plus doesn't work anymore this is must feature for me to use Dropbox. I hope the developers will fix it ASAP. thanks 

7 Replies 7

Re: Search doesn't work properly

Dropboxer

Hi there @egr1, let's see what we can find on this. 

Are you having trouble searching for specific files when you're using the website, the mobile app, the desktop app, or your local Finder/File Explorer?

If you get any error messages, send me a screenshot so that I can have a better look into this with you. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil, 

Is related to ticket 11864166. I would really like this fixing ASAP my search for folders is gone. I am missing so many 1st level folder search (and other) so the desktop or web app is not really usable from productivity standpoint. I guess you reference folders/files made so they appear in global search it seems that whatever upgrade you rolled out in the past that referencing stopped working so now I've  have half of the dropbox data non-searchable if that make sense. 

Ticket #11864166: Dropbox Support Chat

Explorer | Level 3

Just to add I am paying customer so any files or folders should be searchable which is not the case now so the most important feature on which I am relying daily is non-existing. 

Dropboxer

I was able to find the ticket and have made sure to pass your comments along. 

We'll have a look into this and get back to you.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Search doesn't work properly Ticket ~11864166

Explorer | Level 3

Hi 

Any update on this @Lusil ,? My Dropbox search is pain major folders not searchable in the app and the web. Any resolution to this issue. The major feature is not working for me very much inconvenient. 

Dropboxer

Hey again @egr1, I'm sorry to hear about the frustration this is causing.

I can see that you're investigating this via your ticket with a specialized member of the team. 

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to nudge them via email and they will get back to you as soon as they have any further updates. 

In the meantime, if you have any other questions for us, don't hesitate to give us a nudge. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, 

The search is still not working for me as advertised. Can this please be fixed for me as a matter of urgency? The most important feature is not working and you are still charging me for it. I am fed up to keep chasing this on regular bases as I've  no specific response from your tech team what fix you can implement. 

In addition there is no option for me to see Dropbox 2020 paper I thought that should be in rolled out by now as it was introduced at the beginning of 2020. My account has still old Dropbox paper. 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?