cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching Not Working on iPadOS Files app

Searching Not Working on iPadOS Files app

jasontx0426
Helpful | Level 6

Hi,

According to this link: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/mobile/ios-files-app

I should be able to search for stuff in the current dropbox folder when accessing it from the iPadOS built-in Files app. But unfortunately this is not working for me. No matter what I search for, the result is always empty, even if there's only one file in the folder. I'm using the latest iPadOS and Dropbox app for ipad. Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks!

78 Replies 78

rgonzalez
New member | Level 2
Did both operations and search still not working for Dropbox on the stock Files app.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for trying those out for me, @rgonzalez

I'd suggest reaching out to Apple Support then, since they may have more info on this. 

Don't hesitate to give me a shout though if anything else comes up or if you have any updates. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jasontx0426
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, @Lusil ,

I've asked around in the Apple community and no luck. However, I also tested Google Drive as @rgonzalez did and searching through Files app does work there, which seems to suggest it is a Dropbox problem. Could you maybe investigate?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback, @jasontx0426, however, I'd recommend contacting Apple's official support team as they may have more info on this since the Files app is connecting to the Dropbox API.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

lowpan
New member | Level 2

Same issue here. ipados 13.3.1. The Files App search function works on all locations except Dropbox. Tried all above suggestions, no luck.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @lowpan, thanks for nudging us on this thread and sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with searching your Dropbox files on your iOS. 

Since you've already checked out some of the troubleshooting suggested here - great work by the way! - could you also confirm if you've got the latest iOS and Dropbox mobile app installed?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Stanners1980
Helpful | Level 6

I have exactly the same problem, and I have the latest iOS and Dropbox app installed.

No matter what I try, I can't get any search results when searching my Dropbox. This seems to be quite a common issue.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff

Hey there, @Stanners1980, thanks for reaching out. 

Try clearing the Dropbox app’s cache, from our app’s settings, and then restart your device. 

You could also try deleting our app, restarting your device, and then installing again. 

Keep me posted!

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

tcs11
New member | Level 2

Just unboxing my new iPad Pro 11. I am also having the same problem. Had tried all the things suggested in this thread. 😞 

David B.139
Helpful | Level 6

I have also had the same issue since transitioning to iPad Pro. Tested every suggestion. No luck. 

The favorites used to at least show up for a moment upon opening Files app, before they disappeared. 

Now they don't even show up. 

Also, trying to "Unfavorite" a previously favorited item does not work.

It is not so strange that Apple might not have Dropbox issues as their first priority, but what is Dropbox mgmt. doing to address these issues that obviously effect a lot of people?

Thanks. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

drMatias Helpful | Level 5
    xtcforever Helpful | Level 6
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    KatRat Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?