cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching Not Working on iPadOS Files app

Searching Not Working on iPadOS Files app

jasontx0426
Helpful | Level 6

Hi,

According to this link: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/mobile/ios-files-app

I should be able to search for stuff in the current dropbox folder when accessing it from the iPadOS built-in Files app. But unfortunately this is not working for me. No matter what I search for, the result is always empty, even if there's only one file in the folder. I'm using the latest iPadOS and Dropbox app for ipad. Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks!

78 Replies 78

jasontx0426
Helpful | Level 6

I don't have other services but Google Drive does not have this problem. And after more than a year of posting this question and going into loops with Dropbox staff, I don't think they are putting effort into actually fixing this. Really frustrating.

DerekKelly
Helpful | Level 6
Any updates on this. This stop my iPad for being WAY more useful.

Pistol_Petey
Explorer | Level 4

I’m going to give Dropbox another month to solve this.  Then I’ll pull my company’s business.  It’s only about a dozen users - but we all have iPhones and most have iPads.

There’s really no excuse for this.

DerekKelly
Helpful | Level 6
I’m thinking the same thing Pete

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Hey @DerekKelly & @Pistol_Petey! I hope you're both doing well.

May I ask when did this start happening for you? 

Have you also tried clearing the cache on your Dropbox mobile app? 

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

xtcforever
Helpful | Level 6

hi Lori,

Please read the message strings above.  This has been raised for more than a year (or possibly longer) and I also gave up on Dropbox support (i still use it but in a very, very convoluted way, and I don't know why i honestly persevere when the other platforms search fine).  Please don't pretend that this is a new problem, if you search online forums you will see that even Dropbox has been saying persistently that they will look into it but it has been a ping pong game between dropbox and apple for as long as i know.

Stanners1980
Helpful | Level 6
I first reported this to Dropbox over a year ago, and haven’t found a resolution yet.

I’d recommend Dropbox try out the search feature in Files themselves and report back - being advised to uninstall/reinstall the app isn’t really a solution.

David B.139
Helpful | Level 6
Hi Lori, considering the level of frustration of most of us in this thread, I appreciate you bravely sticking your hand into this hornets nest.
But now that you’ve done so, please stick with this until there is resolution, one way or the other. Dropbox needs to either resolve this, or simply admit they cannot or will not resolve this and accept whatever fallout comes of that. An answer, even if it’s not what we want to hear, is better than the din of crickets we’ve been subject to for the better part of two years.
We are rooting for you to get to the bottom of this!
Thanks,
David

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Hey all, I hope you're doing well! 

In case you're still facing this, give me a heads up so I can contact you via email, and have a look into this! 

Thanks!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

xtcforever
Helpful | Level 6

hi Lori

i'm youngchul76 from the forum where everyone's complaining of search function not working

what is your solution

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

drMatias Helpful | Level 5
    xtcforever Helpful | Level 6
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    KatRat Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?